Q: Q: Hard to turn steering wheel

My car makes a noise, and it's hard to turn the steering wheel.

Hello. If the noise is like a groaning or squealing noise, then it sounds like the power steering pump has failed. I typically start by making sure that the belt on the engine is tight. If it is not, then the tensioner may be bad which will cause this. If the belt is fine, then I typically replace the pump and flush the fluid from the system. Proper bleeding of the system must be done afterwards. If you are going to have this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the steering wheel problem and make the necessary repairs.

3. Q: Hard to turn steering wheel