Q: hard to start,spits,sputters when you give it gas.once engine warms up symptoms gets better, but still cant give full pedal (bogs) 2002 GMC Sierra 1500

truck is hard to start, when engine is cold. once cranked you have to let engine warm up, you cant give no pedal or engine spits, sputters, and wants to die.once engine reaches appx 170* most of the symptoms goes away, you can even drive the truck, but you cant push the accelerator pedal past about 80-85% or it will bog down.cruise control works. truck will drive fine at 70-85 mph with no problems, accelerates fine just cant go past 80% full throttle. i drove the truck from corrigan, tex to houston, tex which is about 115 miles. no problem driving at highway speeds.accelerates and decelerates fine. i got appx 18mpg highway just has throttle problem once warmed up. The only codes it gives is low fuel pressure bank 1, and low fuel pressure bank 2, and misfire in multiple cylinders .

A: Hi - I would put a fuel pressure gauge on t...

Hi - I would put a fuel pressure gauge on the system, checking for low pressure. This could be a low fuel pressure problem - due to a malfunctioning fuel pressure regulator, weak fuel pump or clogged fuel filter or injectors. I would recommend an inspection of the fuel system by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.