Q: Hard to start and idles roughly, though travels at normal speed once started.

Car runs, though it is hard to start. It also idles roughly and I have to hold the accelerator to start. Once I get it started it travels at normal speed.

Hi there. There are a lot of possible causes of this. If the check engine light is on then the computer should be scanned to see what codes are coming up. Most of the time when you have symptoms like this on your vehicle it is because you either have a failing air flow meter or you have a fuel pressure regulator that is leaking into the engine. The regulator can be tested by pulling the vacuum line from it while the engine is running to see if fuel comes out. If it does then the regulator is bad. If it is fine then further testing must be done with the right diagnostic equipment. You should enlist a certified mechanic with these tools to do this, like one from YourMechanic.

3. Hard to start and idles roughly, though travels at normal speed once started.