Q: Hard clug noise and brakes locked; car barely moved

I purchased my car used and I perform regular maintenance and oil changes. This morning after pulling out from our house, there was a hard clug noise and the car would barely move. It moved about 20-30 feet and then I quickly started trying to get it parked. The brakes felt like they were locked when I was trying to park it and I could barely push down the brake pedal. It was more like a roll into the parking spot, instead of driving. The check engine light started blinking and I turned off my car. The parking brake was released and I had a full take of gas. What is causing this problem and what is your advice to get it back into proper working order?

First thing to have checked are the problem codes that are causing the Check Engine light to be illuminated. This will direct you to the relevant problems that may have caused the stalling issue. Stalling issues can involve vacuum leaks, problems with the fuel system, or even misfiring issues. If you would like to have this scoped out, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the stalling issue and pinpoint the correct repairs.

3. Hard clug noise and brakes locked; car barely moved