Q: Handle fell off door

My passenger's side car door won't open. The handle just fell off, and I can't open it from the inside either. I think someone tried to break in.

A: This is indicating a possible issue with th...

This is indicating a possible issue with the latch. The outer door handle will also need to be replaced. To access the latch the door panel will need to be removed to access the latch so the door can be opened. With the door closed, removing the panel can be tricky as extra caution needs to be used as to not to damage the panel. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to remove the door panel and diagnose the door assembly.