Q: Had no trans fluid or very little. Burned rubber/fast takeoff. Lost GO power. Engine works but will not move.

I tried testing the power of my new car. Used. I took off fast, enough to screech my tires, Then something sounded like it broke loose or came undone. Car has no reverse motion or forward motion, but engine runs fine. When shifted into gears i hear a cordlike, ginding slither noise. When in park, the car rolls i have tobuse emergency lever.

This may be a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take the car for a test drive to more specifically determine the cause for this.

3. Had no trans fluid or very little. Burned rubber/fast takeoff. Lost GO power. Engine works but will not move.