Q: Had my brake caliber changed, and it is causing electrical power surges all over my car

Mechanic replaced 2 broken tire studs. Right when he was putting the brake caliber back on, suddenly a popping/cracking noise started coming from my speakers, my interior lights came on, all dashboard needles (rpm,etc) started moving, and all the power is drained from my battery. Even with the car off, there is a faint popping/cracking noise coming from my speakers. Now the car won't start at all because the battery is COMPLETELY dead.

This sounds like a short is present somewhere in your vehicle’s electrical system which is likely unrelated to your brake caliper. This type of a problem is a very time intensive problem to trace and is nearly impossible to detect without the appropriate tools and experience.

I would recommend having an expert, such as a technician from YourMechanic, come to your home to diagnose the electrical problems and recommend the best path to repair.

3. Had my brake caliber changed, and it is causing electrical power surges all over my car