Q: had misfire on cyl 4 - new engine installed - same code came back 2014 F150 FX V8

Truck had a misfire on cylinder 4 . I took it back to the dealership where I bought it because I have a aftermarket warranty. I was told that for what ever reason between them and ford the engine needed replaced. It was still under ford manufacture warranty so no charge to me. They had my truck 1 month and 4 days . Just got it back about 1 week 2 days ago. Today - same code comes back - truck doing same thing plus now there is a shutter. hard time starting and the code is the exact same code. How can this be on a "Brand New Engine"

Hi there. To be honest, I’m not quite sure how this is possible, unless on pretty simple item was not completed - the error codes may not have been cleared by the dealership. It is also possible that the original code is caused by an electrical harness failure as opposed to a mechanical problem. I would recommend working with the dealership to clear this issue - as it’s under warranty as you stated above.

3. had misfire on cyl 4 - new engine installed - same code came back 2014 F150 FX V8