Q: Had Chevrolet dealer put a fuel pump in. They added a fuel level sensor. Was it necessary to change that part?

I had a Chevrolet dealer change my fuel pump in a 2005 Chevy Silverado 1500. Was it necessary for them to change my fuel pump sensor as well?

Hi, thanks for your question. The unit most likely comes as an assembly when purchased from a dealer. If they are separate, then they probably replaced it due to a problem with sensor or the pump assembly was redesigned and requires a redesigned sensor. It would be best to ask the dealer why they changed it. Hope this helps and best of luck!

3. Had Chevrolet dealer put a fuel pump in. They added a fuel level sensor. Was it necessary to change that part?