Q: Had Chevrolet dealer put a fuel pump in. They added a fuel level sensor. Was it necessary to change that part?

I had a Chevrolet dealer change my fuel pump in a 2005 Chevy Silverado 1500. Was it necessary for them to change my fuel pump sensor as well?

A: Hi, thanks for your question. The unit most...

Hi, thanks for your question. The unit most likely comes as an assembly when purchased from a dealer. If they are separate, then they probably replaced it due to a problem with sensor or the pump assembly was redesigned and requires a redesigned sensor. It would be best to ask the dealer why they changed it. Hope this helps and best of luck!