Q: Had both break and ABS light on then my brother floored it in reverse then it was driving but ABS is still on but drove home fine

Can I still drive it to work 10 mins away safely?

A: Hello. When the ABS and brake lights come o...

Hello. When the ABS and brake lights come on, most of the time the vehicle is still safe to drive as long as the brake pedal feels fine. It is still important that the vehicle is checked out right away. If this occurred right after the vehicle was driven, then most of the time it is because of a pressure switch failure or a speed sensor problem. I always check the brake fluid first though as low brake fluid will cause both of these lights to illuminate. If you want to have your braking system inspected to see why the ABS and brake lights are on, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.