Q: Grinding sound from front drivers side wheel area 2010 Volkswagon

I drove my car 200 miles yesterday with no problems. Today, I drove the 4 miles to work and noticed an occasional sound like metal was dragging on the pavement. It only happened for a second or two at a time. I stopped and saw nothing hanging under the tire. On my return home I heard the sound again, and suddenly it began to grind and screech much louder. It's not constant, and I haven't noticed it happening more often when I turn or brake. It's seems to happen mostly when I accelerate after braking. I did not hear the sound when in reverse.

Hi there - the metallic grinding noise you notice could be either a brake issue (worn brake pads or brake caliper stuck), or a wheel bearing issue from the front, driver side. I would recommend a wheel/brake inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.