Q: Grinding sound from front drivers side wheel area 2010 Volkswagon

I drove my car 200 miles yesterday with no problems. Today, I drove the 4 miles to work and noticed an occasional sound like metal was dragging on the pavement. It only happened for a second or two at a time. I stopped and saw nothing hanging under the tire. On my return home I heard the sound again, and suddenly it began to grind and screech much louder. It's not constant, and I haven't noticed it happening more often when I turn or brake. It's seems to happen mostly when I accelerate after braking. I did not hear the sound when in reverse.

Hi there - the metallic grinding noise you notice could be either a brake issue (worn brake pads or brake caliper stuck), or a wheel bearing issue from the front, driver side. I would recommend a wheel/brake inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Grinding sound from front drivers side wheel area 2010 Volkswagon