Q: Grinding noise when starting up.

I have a grinding noise that only lasts a second when starting up my vehicle. It only does this when the vehicle has sat for about 6 hours. I have replaced all mounts and still does it. It also makes a grinding sound the first little bit when accelerating.

The grinding that happens when you accelerate may be related to the lower control arm bushings which are known to commonly cause this type of grinding noise on acceleration. As to the grinding noise upon start up, have the noise diagnosed by an expert, like one from YourMechanic, as it is hard to diagnose without hearing the noise at startup and where specifically it is coming from.