Q: Grinding noise when shifted to drive or reverse and when in park it still rolls?

My 1994 camry makes horrible grinding noise when shifting from park to any gear and when put in park it now just rolls and needs parking brake to not move ! Whats wrong!

Hi Kevin. Thanks for contacting us today. What you’re describing is caused by an internal gear failure inside the transmission of your Toyota. While a transmission can be rebuilt to resolve this issue, in most cases it will cost more to rebuild or replace the transmission than the vehicle is worth. It might be best to replace your Toyota.

3. Grinding noise when shifted to drive or reverse and when in park it still rolls?