Q: Grinding noise when I start my 02 avalanche check engine light on

Grinding noise when I start it but then goes away the gas pedal can be pushed to the floor and not jump up to top speed

The grinding noise could be related to the starter motor and/or a flexplate ring gear defect. If so, the diagnostic is straightforward. Inasmuch as the check engine light is on, there is stored diagnostic data/trouble codes, that may be relevant to the engine loss of power issue, and so I would recommend requesting a check engine light diagnostic. During that diagnostic, once a mechanic observes real time engine operating data, it’s possible that anomalies will be apparent and give clues. I would start with the basic check engine light diagnostic and the mechanic will advise you from there, based on his or her findings. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Grinding noise when I start my 02 avalanche check engine light on