Q: grinding noise

my car makes a grinding noise when moving off in 1st gear by presssing acceletor or reversing it other han that its fine

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle will need to start with a transmission service. With the age of the vehicle, if this has not been done in the last 8 months or so, its time to have it done. If this does not fix the issue, you will want to have the transmission inspected by a professional. There may be an issue with the synchronization or a more serious issue. Unfortunately unless you are mechanically inclined and have the right tools, pulling the transmission and doing a proper inspection and repair is going to be difficult. It may require a new or rebuilt transmission depending on the amount of damage that is found. For more diagnostic and repair help, contact our service department for an appointment at your home or office.

3. grinding noise