Q: Grinding brake

After picking car up entered garage. Later backed out heard this like grinding sound when brakes were applied. Went onto street same thing although grinding louder when in reverse? The left front and rear brake disc had grooves in it but not the right side? Why only the one side. Rear is worse with grooves?

Usually when grinding sounds are heard from the brakes, this is due to thin brake pads. The brake pads wear out over time and if not replaced in time, they can cause grinding. The brake pads have a friction material that is glued to them. When this friction material wears out, the only thing left to make contact with the rotor is the metal backing plate that the friction material was glued to. I would recommend having your brakes inspected to determine if the brake pads on the left side of your vehicle have thin brake pads. If this is the case, I would recommend having all four rotors and all pads replaced to bring your vehicle back to proper braking performance.

3. Grinding brake