Q: Grating noise and curved tire - 1972 Volkswagen Super Beetle

My right rear tire is screeching and making a grating sound while I’m driving. My breaks are in good condition, but my back rear tire is slightly curved out. Do you know what might be wrong?

The problem sounds like there’s an issue with the suspension system. A worn or even broken suspension part can cause a misalignment of the wheel and tire assembly and cause the noise. Have the area inspected by a qualified professional. The repair may require an alignment as this is usually the case after most suspension work. If you would like to have this taken care of, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the noise and determine what fixes are required.

3. Grating noise and curved tire - 1972 Volkswagen Super Beetle