Q: Grating noise and curved tire - 1972 Volkswagen Super Beetle

My right rear tire is screeching and making a grating sound while I’m driving. My breaks are in good condition, but my back rear tire is slightly curved out. Do you know what might be wrong?

A: The problem sounds like there's an issu...

The problem sounds like there's an issue with the suspension system. A worn or even broken suspension part can cause a misalignment of the wheel and tire assembly and cause the noise. Have the area inspected by a qualified professional. The repair may require an alignment as this is usually the case after most suspension work. If you would like to have this taken care of, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the noise and determine what fixes are required.