Q: Got wheels 19x9 245/35r19 front 19x10 275/30r19 back would that damage my transmission

Got wheels for my 535xdrive 19x9 245/35r19 front 19x10 275/30r19 back would that damage my transmission

I can’t say with absolute certainty that transmission damage will or will not occur, but you may see some issues.The difference in rolling diameter between front and rear tires can effect the 4 wheel drive transfer case.You can also wind up with anti-lock brake and/or stability control faults if there is a significant difference in the overall height and rolling diameter between the front and rear tires. Among the host of other sensors, the abs and stability control systems rely on input from wheel speed sensors. For example: If you slam on the brakes and the right rear wheel locks up, the wheel speed sensors are registering that this wheel is locked and the other 3 are spinning freely. So the abs system will reduce brake pressure to that right rear wheel. Same for the stability control system. It looks for differences in wheel speed to adjust braking force to each wheel. If with this new tire/wheel set up, the sensors are reporting that the front tires are turning faster than the rears by a margin that is outside it’s programming (which is entirely possible given the difference in tire size), both the abs and stability control systems will think there is a fault in the system and trigger one of those warning lights. Also, if one of those warning lights comes on and a fault is stored, neither the anti-lock brakes nor the stability control may function properly.

• Got wheels 19x9 245/35r19 front 19x10 275/30r19 back would that damage my transmission