Q: Got a new ecm recently cause my engine light came on. Car ran smoothly again for a month, now light back on and stalls again

About 2 months ago my engine light came on in my car and my car started to started to stall, couldn’t accelerate, no power, and misfired. So I got my ecm changed because that’s what I was told the problem was. Got it changed, my car ran smoothly for about a month and now the engine light is back on and it’s doing the same thing again. Don’t know too much about cars so just trying to figure out the problem

What to do now depends on exactly which trouble codes are presently stored. The fact that the check engine light came on means that diagnostic trouble code(s) were registered and stored in the engine computer. An option for you is to request a check engine light diagnostic during which a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would use a code scanner to retrieve the diagnostic trouble code(s) from your car’s ECM/PCM (that is, the specific codes that caused the light to illuminate) and then test the appropriate individual vehicle components or sub-systems (often a sensor, circuit, and the like) to pinpoint the reason why the check engine light illuminated. If a faulty part or component is identified during such a diagnostic, it is explained to your satisfaction and the mechanic will let you know of the cost to repair. If you schedule the recommended diagnostic, the mechanic will resolve this promptly for you and all on a mobile basis right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns as you decide what to do, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Got a new ecm recently cause my engine light came on. Car ran smoothly again for a month, now light back on and stalls again