Q: Got a code for a fuel vent valve

I am getting a trouble code for a Fuel Vent Valve, in addition to a driver information center alert of Check Gas Cap. I replaced the fuel purge valve and the solenoid, and the messages came back.When I replaced the part, it looked different, so I don't think it was the correct part. I've been told that problems like I am encountering happen when a vehicle runs out of gas.

Issues with the fuel system can be caused by the car running out of fuel or even over-filling and "topping off" the fuel tank. If the part that was replaced with the OEM looks different, then it very well may be the wrong part. Also, if the sealing surface of either the gas cap or the fuel filler neck are damaged they will set EVAP codes. The charcoal canister vent solenoid can also causing a false small leak codes or other problem. A proper inspection should be performed by a qualified technician like the ones here at YourMechanic in order to diagnose such an issue.

3. Got a code for a fuel vent valve