Q: Got 40 lbs fuel pressure got spark no injector e

Cranks wont start got 40 lbs fuel pressure got spark but no injector pulse

If you have spark and fuel pressure but no injector pulse, it is most likely the crank sensor, the crank sensor connector or another wiring problem in the crank sensor circuit. The best method to check the crank sensor is with a scanner. You will find a crank sensor signal in the data list. There will be a cranks sensor PID or you an simply look at the RPM (revolutions per minute) PID. If it shows RPM’s, the crank sensor is working. If you can’t confirm a crank sensor pulse, you will need to disconnect the crank sensor connector and check the resistance of the cranks sensor with a multimeter. The resistance should be 800-1200 ohms. If you don’t have a crank sensor pulse at the scanner and the crank sensor is within the specified resistance specifications, there will most likely be a bad connection somewhere in the crank sensor wiring harness.

Testing the wiring harness is done by checking for continuity from the PCM (powertrain control module) to the crank sensor connector. If all this tests good, you may have a failed PCM. Looking at the wiring diagram for your Aurora, there are two crank sensors on your motor. They are located on the block toward the front of the car, the left side of the motor between cylinders 4 & 6. There will either be two separate sensors or the two sensors will be integrated together with four wires.

Also, the fuel pressure specification for you car is 46-59 PSI. So 40 PSI is a little bit low. I would make sure you have an accurate gauge and cycle the key a few times to be sure fuel pressure has built up sufficiently.

If you should require further assistance with this, I recommend the following inspection to help you out; Car is not starting inspection which is performed by a certified technician from YourMechanic at your home or place of business.

Good luck!