Q: Got 140,160,134,154 after cleaning MAF sensor for 2004 mazda6. I had P0130 earlier but that one gone. should i replace all ho2s?

My mazda had p0300 and some other codes (174 i believed) earlier. I took it to a dealer and a mechanic before. They both told me to replace cat converters. But I found that filter box was not closed properly and air filter was missing so I suspected I had air leak instead. I fixed that and applied a bottle of cataclean on the car. All codes are gone except p0300. I suspected the MAF sensor got dirty. So I cleaned that with a CRC cleaner. After I put MAF back, p0300 seemed gone. But the car become very sluggish when it tries to accelerate. After a while, codes P0134 (pending), P0140 (confirmed), P0154 (pending), P0160 (confirmed) appear. It seems all 4 oxygen sensors are dead. I wonder if I killed all sensors using MAF cleaner or cataclean. And why it is even more sluggish than when I had p0300? It was very rough when I had p0300. But at least acceleration was okay. But not, the car doesn't want to shift up at all. And it still vibrates a lot, though not as much.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi Samuel. Thanks for contacting us today. It is possible for some cleaners to damage the internal tips of sensors (especially those that monitor the O2 and emissions systems). I think what is going on is that you’re chasing repairs based on codes alone. This really isn’t very proactive and tends to lead to issues you’re experiencing. It is probably best to have a mobile mechanic come to your location to inspect the vehicle based on the accelerating issues you are experiencing. This should save you a lot of money and time.

3. Got 140,160,134,154 after cleaning MAF sensor for 2004 mazda6. I had P0130 earlier but that one gone. should i replace all ho2s?