Q: Good evening! Can you tell me if the motor needs to be pulled to replace the oil pan on the 7.3L diesel? I have heard yes and no

Oil pan has a small crack and needs to be replaced.

The quickest way to pull the oil pan is to pull the entire cab off the vehicle. It will take less time to remove the cab. If you find you are are needing help with this, a certified technician from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to assist you with the replacement of your oil pan.

• Good evening! Can you tell me if the motor needs to be pulled to replace the oil pan on the 7.3L diesel? I have heard yes and no