Q: good day i have a problem with my 2L ford mondeo, there is a loss of power when driving and does not rev above 4000rpm

hi my 2005 ford mondeo 2L duretec petrol vehicle, has become a night mare have had problems starting and then there is a loss of pwer when driving also does not rev above 4000 rpm, changed fuel filter and checked the fuel pum ran well for say 20 km and problem started again also have a strong fuel smell emanating from the engine

A: It appears that your Ford Mondeo is running...

It appears that your Ford Mondeo is running on limp mode. Knowing if the Check Engine Light is on may assist in pointing us in the right direction of the cause of these symptoms. It is possible that the fuel pressure regulator is not allowing proper fuel pressure to reach the fuel injectors resulting in a loss of power. It is also possible that the fuel pump itself is starting to fail and is unable to supply the necessary fuel pressure needed to keep the vehicle running efficiently.

However, to be 100% certain I would recommend enlisting the assistance of one of our certified technicians to come by and diagnose your drivability issues with your Ford Mondeo. They will have the experience and tools needed to identify why your vehicle is experiencing a lost off power. They will also be able to assist you with getting the repairs needed to get your Ford running reliably again.