Q: Goes rich fuel? Not sure what to do

Hello!

Nissan 350z, made BIG engine repair. (crankshaft, connecting rods, piston rings, timing chain). Now when i start car it shows misfire engine code, iv checked and replaced: plugs, ignition coils and lambda sensors. No air leaks. Rich fuel smell, and big white exhaust clouds.

SO: when i start up its run nice and all 6 work, after 10seconds one/multiple goes off and it drops from 1000 to around 600. When i try to press acceleration it takes a second to react and goes slowly up, like no horsepowers at all. I cant move from 2nd gear, it just shut down.

If you can help, i would be really thankfull!!

A: Hi there: Anytime you have major engine re...

Hi there:

Anytime you have major engine repairs completed on newer vehicles, it's vital to reprogram the ECU to allow the computer to recognize the changes made and reduce the potential of error codes appearing (and the rich engine situation you're experiencing). You will most likely have to get this service completed by the dealership, as it's becoming more difficult to have professional mechanics reprogram or replace ECU's due to restrictions put forth by the manufacturers. If the dealership can't help you here, contact one of our mobile mechanics to complete a car is hard to start inspection; so they can determine your best course of action.