Q: Goes into reverse but does not have full power

We changed the transmission filter and fluid in pan and the shifting solenoid.

A: Hello. If a fluid service and solenoid repl...

Hello. If a fluid service and solenoid replacement did not solve the issue then there may be a different issue, or a more serious issue with the transmission. Keep in mind that there are 2 solenoids in the transmission, so it may be possible that the other solenoid is faulty.

Another thing I would check is the vehicle’s throttle position sensor. As its name implies, the throttle position sensor measures the position of the throttle, how wide open or closed it is. The signal it provides plays a direct role in the shifting characteristics, and as a result can cause all sorts of transmission malfunctions if there is an issue. If these both check out, then it may be possible that there is a mechanical issue with the transmission, perhaps an issue serious enough to warrant a rebuild. You could have another technician inspect the vehicle’s loss of power problem so that this can be corrected.