Q: goes into gears without the use of the clutch pedal

the car turns on fine, revs fine, but will not move. i can get into gears without use of the clutch pedal engaging.

You have one of two possible problems. The first possibility is that the clutch disc is totally worn out, causing it not engage any more. Secondly, the input shaft of the transmission may be broken. Either way, the transmission will need to be removed and the transmission and clutch should be inspected to see what exactly is the cause.

If you’d like a second opinion on this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to you in order to confirm my suspicions and diagnose your car’s inability to move first hand. Good luck.