Q: Glow plug light

Glow plug light comes on; been to the dealership 11times. Fuel filter just changed. Now they tell me I need a new battery! Current battery is 3 years old. Doesn't make sense how the 2 are related & yes, of course I put disiel fuel in it.

Hi there:

I wouldn’t suspect that the glow plug light and battery are related whatsoever. It is common for a battery to start losing cranking amps after 3 years, so this might seem to be a realistic service that needs to be completed. In most cases, if the plugs have been replaced, and the light is still on, it’s due to the code still being stored inside the ECU. Before you take your Jetta to the dealership again, you should contact a professional mobile mechanic to come to you and have them complete a check engine light inspection to determine what codes still exist; and if the glow plug issue is actually resolved.