Q: Getting hot air

The heater blend door is stuck on open. I'm only getting hot air.

Hi. There is an actuator that has a tendency to fail over time. The actuator is a small motor that will move the blender door depending on where the dial is positioned. It is possible that a linkage has broken or become loose, in which case, reconnecting the pieces should fix the problem. A new actuator isn’t too expensive, but it is hidden behind the dash which can be difficult to remove. A certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can inspect the heating system to make sure what is causing the problem.

3. Getting hot air