Q: Getting a lot of vibrations on the road

My 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe had problem where, at certain speeds, the whole vehicle would vibrate. It felt like the vibrations were coming from the rear passenger side and, sure enough, the wheel bearing had gone bad. That was months back and now, at 84,000 miles, the problem is back. Is there a bigger issue this could be indicating or is this normal for vehicles when they reach higher mileage?

These vibrations you are feeling may also have noises that correlate with the vibrations. While the rear wheel bearings are most likely your issue, you should still have the tires checked. New rear wheel bearings will also come with a hub assembly and should be replaced as a unit. While some aftermarket suppliers may offer just the bearing as a cheaper replacement, these should generally be avoided since they require additional labor and cost. Once the bearings are replaced, the tires should be checked and aligned to ensure that you are not putting extra stress on the new bearings.