Q: getting a constant knocking noise when the ride is bumpy

while driving anytime i meet some bumpy part on the road i hear a knocking sound in the front of the car i dont think its the shocks i recently changed them and the front arm bushings. what could it be

If the struts are not securely attached to the strut mount that is bolted to the top of the spring tower, and/or bearing plate is loose, that can cause knocking noises. In addition, loose sway bar linkages, ball joints, tie rod ends, brake components, and even loose sub-frame bolts can account for the type of noise you are hearing. If you request a vehicle noise diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will definitely find the origin of the noise. There are many components in the suspension that could account for the noise, some are not expensive to repair and all can be repaired right at your location. Thus, I encourage you to seek out the diagnostic and then with the mechanic’s advice and explanation, you can decide how best to handle it. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.