Q: Getting a code of P0128.

Check engine light is on. Did a diagnostic and code P0128 is appearing. I'M assuming vehicle needs a thermostat after research

Hi there:

The P0128 code means that the engine coolant is not getting warm enough, fast enough. In other words, there is a problem with the engine operating temperature not being reached within a certain amount of time. The Engine Control Module (ECM) determines this length of time based on ambient temperature. It’s typically caused by the thermostat remaining open at all times or the electrical harness connected to this component is damaged; causing the error code to trigger. You might want to replace both the thermostat and the electrical harness at the same time to be certain the issue is resolved.