Q: Get transmission fixed or scrap car?

I bought this car 2 weeks ago for $3600. Clean car fax, clean auto score. 1 owner. Very clean. No warranty. Moved 1,000 miles to Denver. Next day transmission went out. Took to two mechanics. Quoted both at $3,000. Both inspected the rest of car and found no issues. Should I pay to have it fixed or scrap it? I don't want to throw good money at bad. However @ 94,000 miles I could potentially get another 60-100k miles. Or be in a pitfall with a lemon. If I scrap it I would have to buy another used car around $3,000-$4000 as I can't afford much else or payments. So it's either the Honda or another used car. Please Help.

Hey there. You may find replacing the transmission to be your best option. If everything else has been checked and is good, then it would be fine to go ahead with replacing or rebuilding the transmission. Make sure to get a good repair warranty with the transmission when you do this. Buying another used car at that price could mean getting a car with its own set of problems that you would potentially have to deal with afterwards.