Q: Get "check your oil level" on dash info panel. Had it checked out, was told it was oil sensor and a "dealer item". Was also told t

"Check oil level" comes on in the info panel on the dash. Oil level is fine. Had it checked out by Sun Tire, where I have my oil changes done, was told it is the oil sensor and a "dealer item", that it is not causing any issue with the car other than being annoying and having to reset the info panel when it comes on. Is it difficult to replace the oil sensor? How much should I expect to have to spend to get it replaced? The directions on this item are not in the auto repair manual.

Hi there. The oil sensor is not incredibly difficult to replace on a 2001 Cadillac DeVille, but can be difficult to get to without a lift. This video is for a different vehicle, but the same engine as your car, so you might want to watch this to see how it’s replaced. In regards to estimated cost, it would vary based on who is completing this service. I don’t believe this is part of our mobile service offerings at the moment, but I have forwarded your request to our sales and service team to let you know if we can and what the cost would be for this service.

3. Get "check your oil level" on dash info panel. Had it checked out, was told it was oil sensor and a "dealer item". Was also told t