Q: Gearshift locked

The gear shifter is locked. The car starts fine, and I press the brakes to shift it from Park to Drive, but it got stuck in Reverse.

3. Gearshift locked

Q: Q: How do I set the parking brake?

The parking brake is an important part of your brake system. When engaged, the parking brake helps keep your car from rolling away when it is parked. To set the parking brake, use your foot to depress the parking brake...

Q: Failure to catch or switch gears, belts turning and car has power ect, but won't switch into any gears. Transmission/engine fluids are ok.

Hi there. I have seen this same concern while I was employed at a Toyota dealership. This sounds like the transmission has failed internally; most likely the internal brake band, solenoid, or valve body has failed. The transmission will ultimately...

Q: The car starts but when you press the gas pedal no response

If there is no throttle response when you start your car it can be caused by a few things. Most of the time this is caused by an issue with the throttle body itself. The motor inside of the throttle...