Q: Gears of a morning

Hi,,Of late early in the morning this generaly happens when i put my gear into reverse it will reverse but when i get out the driveway and put it into drive it takes a few seconds for the gear to change or sometimes i have to move the gear back into park etc till i hear the gear click in when i go back into drive??what could this be???? Thankyou 😉😜😉

Firstly, it’s important to know the model and engine of your vehicle for an issue like this. From what you’ve described, this sounds like you have a fluid pressure leak internal to the transmission. The pressure in the transmission is used to operate different servos and actuators. It’s sealed using rubber and Teflon seals.

If the seals leak, they will start doing so specifically when the vehicle is cold at first. The problem will gradually get worse to the point where it will leak all the time. Have the transmission checked to make sure you are not low on fluid and have no external leaks. If it checks out to be okay then the problem is internally. If you decide to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a qualified technician can come diagnose your shifting issue in person.

3. Gears of a morning