Q: Gears are giving jerk while shifting, might need a rebuild

From first to second gear shift, there is a jerk to frame. Sometimes it takes a little while for second gear to pick up

A: This generation of Accord commonly suffered...

This generation of Accord commonly suffered from automatic transmission failures, so it’s quite possible that you are experiencing the early sings of failure. I would suggest having the transmission pressures checked to see if one of the valve body solenoids are sticking or bad. Depending on the outcome of that, you can decide if you’d like to replace individual components, or perform a complete rebuild or replacement of the transmission. If you need help having this looked at, a professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the shifting issue and let you know what needs repair.