Q: Gear shifter problem

Hi I have a1990 Pontiac Grand Prix that has been sitting for couple years that my friend told me I could have but he lost the key so I had to hot wire it runs very good but can't get the gear shifter to move at all I don't think there is a release for the shifter that I can find anyways just wondering if maybe you could help I tried everything and it still won't move

Because of theft issues, I cant tell you exactly how to release the shifter, but I can tell you that there is a shift interlock that prevents the shifter from moving unless certain conditions are met, like having the brake on, key in the ignition, etc. If you can prove ownership, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, help you with your shifting concern.

3. Gear shifter problem