Q: Gear shifter not moving from park into gear.

Sometimes I can't get the gear shift to move from park into reverse or drive.

3. Gear shifter not moving from park into gear.

Q: Gears will not engage.

If your vehicle is a standard (manual) the shifter linkage is likely broken. There is a rod that engages 1-2 gears and often breaks. If you have an automatic trans, you could have internal transmission failure. A qualified technician such...

Q: My car starts in the morning with a sputter.

The noise could be either an ignition coil misfiring and causing the engine to stall on a cylinder making the engine sputter or the engine is sputtering with an injector that is sticking until it get hot as it maybe...

Q: car studders when it revs high

If the engine is revving high, but not picking up speed especially in higher gears this is an indication of a transmission issue. The hard starting would not be attributed to the transmission, so another issue could be present, for...