Q: Q: Gear shift stuck in park

My gear shift is stuck in park. I spilled water on the gear shift, and now I can only move it by pressing a release button.

Typically when I have come across vehicles with problems similar to those of your Mercedes, it is usually due to a faulty brake switch. However, by adding water to the equation, this makes it a more serious concern. It is likely that the spilled water caused a short-out in your Mercedes’ gear selector, which would require the replacement of that part. To be certain, however, I highly recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic to properly diagnose why your car is unable to shift into park.

3. Q: Gear shift stuck in park