Q: Gear shift stuck in park, though engine starts just fine.

Gear shifter stuck in Park. The engine starts and the car was working an hour ago.

A: It sounds like the shift release solenoid i...

It sounds like the shift release solenoid is not working correctly. You can override the switch by sticking a small screwdriver down in the hole beside the shifter to manually release the lock solenoid switch, in order to fix this you will need to remove the gear shifter from the center console so I would probably have a technician inspect the shifting problem because it requires some skill to perform this repair.