Q: Gear box top loader 4 speed issues.

Hi, i have a toploader 4 spd that sometimes appears to be in first but isnt and also reverse but isnt. Could this be more likely shifter mechanism or do you think worse?

Hi there. It seems that the ball joint on the top of the transmission has broke or lost the brass pin. Remove the shifter and check the brass pins on the shifter handle. See if they are bent or broken and replace them if they are. If you need further assistance with your transmission not shifting correctly, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Gear box top loader 4 speed issues.