Q: Gauges not working in car

The gas gauge doesn't work. In addition, the temperature gauge doesn't work.

Hello. There could be a problem with your fuel pump float. The fuel pump float reads the gas level in your gas tank so if this is not working properly, it will cause the gas gauge to not work. The temperature sensor sends a signal to your instrument cluster. If the temperature sensor is not working properly, it will cause the temperature gauge to not work. However, the most common reason for the gauges to not work is the instrument cluster. Your instrument cluster has a circuit board built into it and a lot of times, the circuit board goes bad which causes the gauges on the instrument cluster to malfunction. A certified technician can do a diagnoses of the system in order to determine the exact reason for the problem.