Q: Gauges died, inspection lights and alarm went off, getting worse.

While driving all of my gauges die, the inspection lights and alarms go off, and the windshield wipers and blinkers come on at the same time. Pulling over and restarting does not stop the problem. This happens intermittently while driving and has gotten progressively worse.

A: "This does not sound like a very enjoy...

"This does not sound like a very enjoyable way to drive your Jeep! From what I am reading, it appears this concern relates back to an electronic problem found in this Wrangler. Jeep is aware of this incident happening with your vehicle and there are two known fixes.

The first would be re-flashing both the TIPM (totally integrated power module) and PCM (powertrain control module). Doing this allows the software in these two computers to be updated, then allows them to work properly. If re-flashing the TIPM doesn’t correct the issue, then the TIPM itself will need to be replaced and programed. As Jeep is aware of this issue, it is important that this job is performed by a Jeep dealership. They have the proper specialty equipment to program the computers on your vehicle and get it back to running as it did before.