Q: Gauges and shifting not working

My car starts just fine, but my gauges do not work and I can't get out of park. The radio and AC work, but the fuel, temperature, and speed gauge do not work.

You might be having two different issues. The vehicle not shifting out of park is most commonly caused by either a misadjusted brake on/off switch or a broken shift cable. Both of these are common issues. The gauges not working properly could be caused by a bad connection at the rear of the instrument cluster. The stepper motors in clusters commonly fail, but the fact that the speedometer does not work leans me more towards a bad connection. The connection is a large harness type of connection. There is not much room for it behind the cluster and sometimes they are so twisted and tight that they work themselves loose. A mechanic, such as one from your mechanic, should be able to check both of these concerns for you. In both the shifter issue and the electrical issue, removal of interior components will probably be necessary. I would highly suggest having a professional make these repairs for you.

3. Gauges and shifting not working