Q: Gauge cluster pops on and off

My gauge cluster keeps popping on and off. I lose mph, tachometer, fuel, and temperature plus the dash lights. It was a former mass state police car, and I think a wire was pulled or it has a partial break from the movement of all police items inside the car.

Hi there. If the entire cluster doesn’t function intermittently, the cause may be an internal short. The problem could also be caused by a poor ground, bad connection, or damaged wiring. The previously installed police equipment may have had something to do with this. A trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, can hunt down these electrical problems for you.