Q: Gauge cluster pops on and off

My gauge cluster keeps popping on and off. I lose mph, tachometer, fuel, and temperature plus the dash lights. It was a former mass state police car, and I think a wire was pulled or it has a partial break from the movement of all police items inside the car.

A: Hi there. If the entire cluster doesn't...

Hi there. If the entire cluster doesn't function intermittently, the cause may be an internal short. The problem could also be caused by a poor ground, bad connection, or damaged wiring. The previously installed police equipment may have had something to do with this. A trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, can hunt down these electrical problems for you.