Q: Gas tank

I needs to replace the gas tank in my 04 matrix i got a plastic tank out off a 05 are they the same?

Q: When I stop at a stop sign, give it the gas, the car wants to go - I let up, push down again, it goes, and the engine does not die

This may be a sign of a failing throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor (TPS) is a sensor used to monitor the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on...

Q: When I try to take off the engine felt like it wanted to fall out and violently shook until the car slowed down.

Most likely the engine has a plugged fuel filter. A plugged fuel filter will cause the engine to hesitate when under harsh throttle and make the vehicle shake. I recommend replacing the fuel filter and retesting to see if the...

Q: My car will not start - 2003 Toyota Matrix

Hi there. Unfortunately, once there is oil and coolant mixed, there is the possibility of a cracked cylinder head/block or a blown cylinder head gasket. This is a serious condition as the internal damage generally snowballs into worse; the main...