Q: Gas spot on driveway, stalls when stopping and idle seems to go crazy.

When stopping car begins to idle very high and stalls. Also there is a gas spot on driveway. It smells of gas. The gas spot seems to be under car not by exhaust. When it stalls you have to pump the gas for it to start again.

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a dirty or faulty mass air flow sensor. The mass air flow sensor monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. This sensor relays vital information to the ECM which uses this to make adjustments to fuel supply to the motor. A dirty or faulty sensor can cause an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which results in an over fueling or under fueling situation depending on the conditions. This type of inconsistent fuel supply to the motor may cause a hesitation, loss of power, a jerking reaction, potentially a bit of black exhaust smoke and typically a strong smell of fuel when this sensor is malfunctioning. The fuel on the ground suggests you have a fuel leak somewhere along the fuel lines that run from the tank up to the motor in the front of the vehicle. As you know, this can be very dangerous and should be looked at by a qualified mechanic as soon as possible. I would suggest scheduling an appointment with one of our technicians here at YourMechanic to come to your location to take a look at your vehicle.

3. Gas spot on driveway, stalls when stopping and idle seems to go crazy.