Q: Gas smell when gas needle is on empty - 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue

why is am smelling gas when my gas needle is on E
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

3. Gas smell when gas needle is on empty - 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue

Q: Q: My car shut off while driving and won't start again

It's possible that your timing chain set is so worn out that the engine either "jumped time" or the timing chain broke. The starter may be turning the crankshaft over, but the camshaft and valve gear is no longer connected...

Q: Outside of an engine rebuild, what can I do to get high-end horsepower rather than the low-end torque inherent with american cars?

Hello. Due to the design of the engine, there's not much that can be done, aside from completely rebuilding the engine, to achieve high rpm power. Typically V layout engines are designed to provide low end torque and a smooth...

Q: My new battery is dead after only a week.

You may have a parasitic draw. This is when something is draining the battery while the car is off. Enlist the help of a YourMechanic technician to use a digital multimeter to test your vehicle for a parasitic draw. If...