Q: Gas milage probably too bad

I have a ford Ka with a 1.0 engine. Its used and it had 15534 miles when i got it. The strange thing is gas milage its too bad.. a 2012 ford fiesta with a 2.0 engine has better fuel economy. How it can be?

A: Hello. Without knowing your specific MPG, y...

Hello. Without knowing your specific MPG, you should be getting better, if not the same, mileage as the Focus. Keep in mind that this vehicle has an adaptive memory. This means that it has adjusted to the person who was driving it prior to you. If they drove the vehicle hard then that can cause it to have reduced mileage. As you drive, the vehicle over time will re-adapt and the mileage will get better.

Also, I typically install a scan tool to check out the sensor data, as there are a few sensors that can drastically reduce fuel mileage if they are not reading correctly. If you need to have these looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and fix the issue with your gas mileage.